The Stadium Protein Bar! Our secret recipe to an amazing workout
Fuel your passion with food that delivers a serious punch – both nutritionally and in terms of flavor, such as The Stadium Protein Bar – an incredible DIY chocolate peanut butter protein bar.
True athletes are serious about everything they do…and about what they eat. When you spend hours playing soccer, doing drills, running, and training for something you are passionate about, you will be equally as dedicated to maintaining a healthy diet.
People who are moderately to intensely active have different dietary needs than those who aren’t. They need to choose food that will keep their energy levels up, are high in protein, and have healthy fats in them. A protein bar is an excellent choice for those looking for an after workout meal to replenish those empty energy supplies and help those muscles recover.
The Stadium protein bar takes only 10 minutes to prepare, and doesn’t require baking or any special equipment – perfect for students, busy soccer moms, or tired athletes. The flavors are easily customizable (just change your protein powder flavor), but we love the PB and chocolate goodness of the original version. We are sure you will too!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar: The Stadium Protein Bar
- 2 cups Quick Oats
- 4 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Milk (any type) OR Water
- Chia seeds
- Dried fruit
- Mix the oatmeal and the protein powder together. If you are choosing to add some extra dry ingredients like chopped nuts, seeds, or dried fruit, do it now.
- Add your peanut butter to the dry ingredients and mix until you have a consistent texture. It is going to be very lumpy.
- Add the milk of your choice, or water, and mix until it becomes a decently smooth mixture. If it seems a bit too crumbly, add more liquid. If it’s extremely sticky, add some oatmeal.
- Cover the bottom of a rectangular cake pan in parchment paper. Turn your mixture out onto the pan and flatten it. Use another sheet of parchment paper on top to evenly press your mixture into the pan, so that it is sandwiched flat and even between the two sheets.
- Chill the cake pan with the protein bar mixture for at least 3 hours, but best results overnight.
- Once it is chilled, remove from the fridge and lift the mixture from the pan. Cut it into even, bar-sized portions. (We usually get 8 bars out of this recipe)
- Individually pack your bars in parchment paper or plastic wrap. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days for maximum freshness.
- Throw into your activity bag as you head out for a workout, a practice or a game. Knowing that you have a delicious and nutritious snack for later will motivate you to push harder!